Table of Contents
1. The Peoples and States of Europe on the Eve of 1914.
2. The Coming of the Great War.
3. The Great War of 1914-1918.
4. Europe Transformed: The Aftermath of War in the 1920s.
5. The Dissolution of the Ancestral Order: Culture and Thought in the Postwar Era.
6. Depression and Dictatorship in the 1930s.
7. The Background of the Second World War.
8. The Second World War, 1939-1945.
9. Europe and the Cold War, 1945-1956.
10. The Post-1945 Recovery of Western Europe.
11. Soviet Communism after Stalin.
12. Western Europe in the 1960s and 1970s.
13. The 1980s: Dramatic Decade.
14. The Twentieth Century Winds Down; Europe and the World in the 1990s.
15. Conclusion: In the Dying Century, A Dying Civilization?
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.