This carefully organized, engaging, comprehensive, and contemporary guide to analyzing research articles has become a classic in the field. With its primary focus on reading, understanding, and evaluating professional literature, and its emphasis on the different research designs and types of publications that can inform all components of evidence-based practice, Evaluating Research in Communication Disorders, 7/e gives readers a logical, highly useful organization that reduces redundancy and improves efficiency; focused study questions that help develop critical evaluation skills and guide student projects that involve the evaluation of research literature; and up-to-date references, current research, and new topics keep readers aware of the most contemporary findings in the field.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Evidence-based Practice in Communication Disorders
Chapter 2: The Introduction Section of the Research Article
Chapter 3: Research Strategies in Communication Disorders
Chapter 4: Research Design in Communication Disorders
Chapter 5: Experimental Designs for Studying Treatment Efficacy
Chapter 6: The Method Section of the Research Article
Chapter 7: The Results Section of the Research Article: Findings
Chapter 8: The Results Section of the Research Article: Statistical
Chapter 9: The Discussion and Conclusions Section of the Research Article
Chapter 10: Best Evidence and Clinical Decision Making
Appendix A: Complete Evaluation Checklist
Appendix B: A Compendium of Journals in Communication Sciences and Disorders
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$95.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-355174-7