Real students, real stories, and real solutions
Exceptional Lives: Special Education in Today's Schools pairs real-life stories about children, their families, and their educators with the most recent evidence-based research on inclusion of students with disabilities in the least restrictive environment. Updated real-world vignettes, first-person My Voice features, and new videos immerse readers in the lives of exceptional individuals. With its focus on real students, stories, and solutions, Exceptional Lives gives readers a comprehensive view of the rewards, challenges, and triumphs involved in special education today. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video, assessments, and Pearson’s eLearning Modules.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
Table of Contents
- Overview of Today’s Special Education
- Ensuring Progress in the General Education Curriculum: Universal Design for Learning and Inclusion
- Today’s Multicultural, Bilingual, and Diverse Schools
- Today’s Families and Their Partnerships with Professionals
- Understanding Students with Learning Disabilities
- Understanding Students with Communication Disorders
- Understanding Students with Emotional or Behavioral Disorders
- Understanding Students with Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Understanding Students with Intellectual Disability
- Understanding Students with Autism
- Understanding Students with Multiple Disabilities
- Understanding Students with Physical Disabilities and Other Health Impairments
- Understanding Students with Traumatic Brain Injury
- Understanding Students with Hearing Loss
- Understanding Students with Visual Impairments, including Blindness
- Understanding Students Who Are Gifted and Talented
$39.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-395594-1
$46.65 $37.32 |