ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Considered one of the best hands-on explorations of introductory meteorology concepts, this lab manual’s 17 exercises encourage students to review important ideas and concepts through problem solving, simulations, and guided thinking. The graphics program and online interactive simulations and tutorials help students visualize and master key concepts. It is designed to complement any introductory meteorology or weather and climate text. The Eighth Edition retains Carbone’s acclaimed combination of print labs with robust interactive digital modules, which promote critical thinking through data analysis, problem solving, and experimentation. It is updated throughout with the latest data and examples from the science, and includes many new exercises and new media in a new supporting website, including an entirely new lab on Forecasting. It is at a reduced price when packaged with selected Pearson Science texts.
0321833570 / 9780321833570 Exercises for Weather & Climate with MyMeteorologyLab™
Package consists of:
0321769651 / 9780321769657 Exercises for Weather & Climate
0321831608 / 9780321831606 NEW MyMeteorologyLab™ -- Access Card -- for Exercises for Weather & Climate
Table of Contents
2. Earth-Sun Geometry
3. The Surface Energy Budget
4. The Global Energy Budget
5. Atmospheric Moisture
6. Saturation and Atmospheric Stability
7. Cloud Droplets and Raindrops
8. Atmospheric Motion
9. Weather Map Analysis
10. Mid-Latitude Cyclones
12. Thunderstorms and Tornadoes(
14. Climate Controls
15. Climate Classification
16. Climatic Variability and Change
17. Simulating Climatic Change
Appendix A: Dimensions and Units
Appendix B: Earth Measures
Appendix C: GeoClock
Appendix D: Weather Symbols
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$37.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-83911-4
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$37.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-85750-7