Directed primarily toward students taking an undergraduate Introduction to Management Information Systems course, this text also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals.
This modular text shows students how businesses use–and need–information systems to accomplish their goals, objectives, and competitive strategy.
Note: This is the standalone book, if you want the book/access card order the ISBN below:
013309877X / 9780133098778 Experiencing MIS Plus MyMISLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of
0132967480 / 9780132967488 Experiencing MIS
0132972158 / 9780132972154 MyMISLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Experiencing MIS
Table of Contents
1. Collaboration Information Systems for Decision-Making, Problem Solving, and Project Management
CE 2. Collaboration Information Systems for Student Projects
2. Business Processes, Information Systems, and Information
3. Organizational Strategy, Information Systems, and Competitive Advantage
II. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
4. Hardware and Software
CE 3. Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2010
5. Database Processing
CE 4. Database Design
CE 5. Using Microsoft Access 2010
CE 6. Using Excel and Access Together
6. Data Communication and the Cloud
CE 7. Mobile Systems
III. USING IS FOR COMPETITIVE STRATEGY
7. Organizations and Information Systems
CE 8. Functional Processes, Applications, and Systems
CE 9. Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems
8. Social Media Systems
CE 11. The Hyper-Social Organization and Knowledge Management
9. Business Intelligence Systems
CE 12. Database Marketing
CE 13. Reporting Systems and OLAP
CE 14. Geographic Information Systems
IV. INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT
10. Information Systems Development
CE 15. Systems Development Project Management
CE 16. Agile Development
11. Information Systems Management
CE 17. Business Process Management
12. Information Security Management
CE 18. International MIS
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780133924190
Includes this title packaged with:
- MyItLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Experiencing MIS, 5th Edition
David M. Kroenke
$240.53 | Add to Cart
Format: Alternate Binding
This item has been upgraded to Experiencing MIS, 5th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$89.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-297168-3
$44.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-297182-9
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users