Connects theory to reality
Exploring Marriages and Families, 2/e by Karen T. Seccombe illustrates the ways in which historical, cultural, social, and political factors influence readers’ decision making in relationships. Grounded in theory and the most up-to-date research, this title takes an integrated focus on assessment helping readers gain a better understanding of the social context in which they live and the relevance of social science to their lives.
MySocLab is an integral part of the Seccombe learning program. Engaging activities and assessments provide a teaching a learning system that helps students see the world through a sociological lens. With MySocLab, students can develop critical thinking skills through writing, explore real-world data through the new Social Explorer, and watch the latest entries in the Core Concept Video Series.
0133790967 / 9780133790962 Exploring Marriages and Families Plus NEW MySocLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0133807770 / 9780133807776 Exploring Marriages and Families
0205206530 / 9780205206537 NEW MySocLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card
Table of Contents
BRIEF TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Chapter 1: Why Study Families and Other Close Relationships?
Chapter 2: Social Status: Sex, Gender, Race, Ethnicity, and Social Class
Chapter 3: Building Relationships
Chapter 4: Love and Loving Relationships
Chapter 5: Sexual Identity, Behavior, and Relationships
Chapter 6: Communication, Conflict, and Power in Our Relationships
Chapter 7: Marriage
Chapter 8: Thinking about Parenthood
Chapter 9: Raising Children
Chapter 10: Families and the Work They Do
Chapter 11: Family Stress and Crisis: Violence among Intimates
Chapter 12: The Process of Divorce
Chapter 13: Family Life, Partnering, and Remarriage after Divorce
Chapter 14: Families in Middle and Later Life
Chapter 15: Looking Ahead: Helping Families Flourish
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$89.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-381414-9
$65.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-381418-7
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$72.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-386018-4
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$116.80 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-380776-9