Expressways for Writing Scenarios builds writing, reading, and critical thinking for greater writing success in academic, workplace, and everyday writing scenarios.
Table of Contents
Part I Getting Started
CHAPTER 1 The Writing Process: An Overview
CHAPTER 2 The Active Reading Process
Part II Paragraph Writing Strategies
CHAPTER 3 Writing Topic Sentences
CHAPTER 4 Developing and Arranging Details
CHAPTER 5 Strategies for Revising
Part III Essay Writing Strategies
CHAPTER 6 Planning and Organizing Your Essay
CHAPTER 7 Drafting and Revising Essays
Part IV Methods of Development
CHAPTER 8 Narration
CHAPTER 9 Description
CHAPTER 10 Process
CHAPTER 11 Example
CHAPTER 12 Classification
CHAPTER 13 Definition
CHAPTER 14 Comparison and Contrast
CHAPTER 15 Cause and Effect
CHAPTER 16 Argument
PART V ACADEMIC WRITING STRATEGIES
CHAPTER 17 Using and Synthesizing Sources
CHAPTER 18 Writing Essay Exams and Taking
Part VI Read and Respond
Part VII Reviewing the Basics
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780134086859
Includes this title packaged with:
- Prentice Hall Grammar Workbook, 3rd Edition
- Pearson Lab Manual for Developing Writers, The: Volume C: Essays
- Pearson Lab Manual for Developing Writers, The: Volume B: Paragraphs
- MyWritingLab with Pearson eText -- Inside Star Sticker
. . Pearson Education
- Oxford New Desk Dictionary and Thesaurus
Oxford University Press
- MyWritingLab with Pearson eText -- Glue in Access Card
. . Pearson Education
$170.80 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$54.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-88625-8
$54.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-11184-8
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$58.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-84952-6
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$97.33 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-11009-4