FAMILY LAW AND PRACTICE, 3/e combines the theoretical and practical aspects of family law, preparing students to enter the workplace thoroughly knowledgeable about both family law and the procedural law requirements of family law practice. Coverage includes: same-sex marriage, domestic partnerships, covenant marriage, premarital agreements, parenting plans, reproductive technologies and custody battles, alternative dispute resolution and adoption. The Third Edition has been thoroughly updated, and is revised to support a broader student population. It contains more practical coverage; new discussions of legal procedures and extrajudicial methods promoting citizen and state interests; improved organization; new sections linking theory to practice; and two new chapters: Marriage and Marriage Alternatives, and Divorce, Legal Separation, and Annulment.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Family Law & Practice
2. The Paralegal’s Role: Ethical & Practical Considerations
3. Marriage and Marriage Alternatives
4. Divorce, Legal Separation, and Annulment
5. Pre and Post Marital Agreements
7. Property and Debt Distribution
8. Child Custody, Visitation, and Rights of Third Parties
9. Child Support
10. The Client Interview
11. Initial and Responsive Pleadings
12. Pendente Lite Relief
13. The Discovery Process in Family Law
14. Alternative Dispute Resolution and the Divorce Trial
15. Separation Agreements
16. Post Judgment Matters
17 Governmental Intrusion in Family Matters: Adoptions, Child Protection, and Domestic Violence
These online resources are available at no cost.
Companion Website for Family Law and Practice, 3rd Edition
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Family Law and Practice, 4th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users