For all courses in Family Law in a wide variety of legal studies degree and certificate programs.
This text combines the theoretical and practical aspects of family law, preparing students to enter the workplace thoroughly knowledgeable about both family law and the procedural law requirements of family law practice. Coverage includes: same-sex marriage, domestic partnerships, covenant marriage, premarital agreements, parenting plans, reproductive technologies and custody battles, alternative dispute resolution and adoption. The Third Edition has been thoroughly updated, and is revised to support a broader student population. It contains more practical coverage; new discussions of legal procedures and extrajudicial methods promoting citizen and state interests; improved organization; new sections linking theory to practice; and two new chapters: Marriage and Marriage Alternatives, and Divorce, Legal Separation, and Annulment.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Family Law & Practice
2. The Paralegal’s Role: Ethical & Practical Considerations
3. Marriage and Marriage Alternatives
4. Divorce, Legal Separation, and Annulment
5. Pre and Post Marital Agreements
7. Property and Debt Distribution
8. Child Custody, Visitation, and Rights of Third Parties
9. Child Support
10. The Client Interview
11. Initial and Responsive Pleadings
12. Pendente Lite Relief
13. The Discovery Process in Family Law
14. Alternative Dispute Resolution and the Divorce Trial
15. Separation Agreements
16. Post Judgment Matters
17 Governmental Intrusion in Family Matters: Adoptions, Child Protection, and Domestic Violence
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Family Law and Practice, CourseSmart eTextbook, 3rd Edition
Format: Electronic Book
$59.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-512299-0