This contemporary text reflects the emerging trends in American family patterns. With a focus on skill-building, FAMILY LAW FOR THE PARALEGAL, 2/e is written so readers understand family law and also the role a paralegal plays in family law practice. Each chapter includes cases, exhibits, tips and end-of-chapter assignments that address cutting-edge issues in the field. This edition includes a revised chapter on cohabitation and premarital agreements, a revised chapter on marriage and emerging alternatives, an expanded chapter on parenthood, links to important cases and an innovative MyLegalStudiesLab online course.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to a Family Law Practice
2. Cohabitation and Premarital Agreements
3. Marriage and Emerging Alternatives
5. The Divorce Process
6. Discovery and Financial Statements
8. Child Custody
9. Child Support
10. Spousal Support
11. Property Division
12. Separation Agreements
13. Family Violence
APPENDIX A: National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA) Code of Ethics and
APPENDIX B: Websites of Interest
APPENDIX C: State Websites for Forms and Statutes
These online resources are available at no cost.
Companion Website for Family Law for the Paralegal, 2nd Edition
Format: Alternate Binding
This item has been upgraded to Family Law for the Paralegal: Concepts and Applications, 3rd Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$73.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307287-7