Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the MyLab platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes MyLab Counseling.
A comprehensive look at the theory and practice of working with families
Family Therapy: History, Theory, and Practice covers all aspects of working with couples and families. Grounded in evidence-based practice and the rich theoretical background of marriage and family therapy, the text presents important background information on healthy functioning families of all different compositions, includes an overview of how individual and family life cycles intertwine, and concretely and clearly illustrates (with a wealth of examples) the evidence-based interventions used in working with families that need counseling.
Thoroughly updated with over 240 new citations, the 7th Edition has added separate chapters on Psychodynamic Family Theories, Bowen Family Systems Theory, Solution-Focused Brief Therapy, and Narrative Family Therapy.
Reach every student by pairing this text with MyLab Counseling
MyLab is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. MyLab Counseling organizes all assignments around essential learning outcomes and the CACREP standards—enabling easy course alignment and reporting.
0134785258 / 9780134785257 Family Therapy: History, Theory, and Practice plus MyLab Counseling with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134785436 / 9780134785431 Family Therapy: History, Theory, and Practice
- 0134785983 / 9780134785981 MyLab Counseling with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Family Therapy: History, Theory, and Practice
Table of Contents
PART 1: Foundations of Family Therapy
1. The History of Family Therapy: Evolution and Revolution
2. The Theoretical Context of Family Therapy
3. Types and Functionality of Families
4. Working with Single-Parent and Blended Families
5. Working with Culturally Diverse Families
6. Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues in Family Therapy
PART 2: Therapeutic Approaches to Working with Families
7. The Process of Family Therapy
8. Couples and Marriage Therapy and Enrichment
9. Psychodynamic Family Theory
10. Bowen Family Systems Theory
11. Behavioral and Cognitive—Behavioral Family Therapies
12. Experiential Family Therapy
13. Structural Family Therapy
14. Strategic Family Therapies
15. Solution-Focused Brief Therapy
16. Narrative Family Therapy
PART 3: Professional Issues and Research in Family Therapy
17. Research and Assessment in Family Therapy
18. Working with Substance-Related Disorders, Domestic Violence, and Child Abuse
$29.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-478539-4
$49.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-478540-0
Digital + Print
$126.65 $101.32 |
Free Ground Shipping.
$119.99 $95.99 |