Considered the most thorough, well-written book in the field, Samuel T. Gladding’s, Family Therapy: History, Theory, and Practice, give readers clear coverage of all aspects of working with couples and families from proven, evidence-based theories. In a user-friendly organization and writing style, it covers important background information on healthy and functional families and different types of families, and includes an overview of how individual and family life cycles intertwine. The basic processes involved in treating couples and families are made clear, before delving into a dozen theoretical ways of treating families.
Enhanced Pearson eText. Included in this package is access to the new Enhanced eText for exclusively from Pearson. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. Full-color online chapters include dynamic videos that show what course concepts look like in real classrooms, model good teaching practice, and expand upon chapter concepts. Video links, chosen by our authors and other subject-matter experts, are embedded right in context of the content you are reading.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad and Android tablets.*
- Interactive. Features include embedded video, note taking and sharing, highlighting and search.
- Affordable. Experience all these advantages of the Enhanced eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
*The Pearson eText App is available for free on Google Play and in the App Store.* Requires Android OS 3.1 — 4, a 7” or 10” tablet or iPad iOS 5.0 or newer
0133833720 / 9780133833720 Family Therapy: History, Theory, and Practice with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
013348890X / 9780133488906 Family Therapy: History, Theory, and Practice
0133588890 / 9780133588897 Family Therapy: History, Theory, and Practice, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
Table of Contents
Part I: Foundations of Family Therapy
- History of Family Therapy: Evolution and Revolution
- The Theoretical Context of Family Therapy
- Types and Functionality of Families
- Working with Single-Parent and Blended Families
- Working with Culturally Diverse Families
- Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues in Family Therapy
Part II: Therapeutic Approaches to Working with Families
- The Process of Family Therapy
- Couple and Marriage Therapy and Enrichment
- Transgenerational Therapies: Psychodynamic and Bowen Family Therapies
- Experiential Family Therapy
- Behavioral and Cognitive-Behavioral Family Therapies
- Structural Family Therapy
- Strategic Family Therapies
- Solution-Focused and Narrative Family Therapies
Part III: Professional Issues and Research in Family Therapy
- Working with Substance-Related Disorders, Domestic Violence and Child Abuse
- Research and Assessment in Family Therapy
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$60.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-358724-1
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$153.40 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-348890-6