Innovative approach, current perspective.
The Fashion Game, 1e presents a new, relevant voice in fashion merchandising. This innovative text follows a unique “fashion in four” approach, which stresses the relationships among the various facets of fashion merchandising. This groundbreaking approach helps students understand how the fashion world functions and how fashion professionals pursue their careers. While many older texts have lost touch with current technologies, issues, and trends, Kendall offers keen insight into today’s important issues, including social media, privacy concerns, counterfeit products, sweatshops, and sustainability, in addition to covering basic fashion fundamentals. The text’s straightforward approach and current insight will make it a favorite of both students and instructors.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This offers a current and comprehensive introduction to fashion merchandising. It provides:
- An innovative Fashion in Four approach: This underlying theme emphasizes the strategic processes involved in merchandising.
- A practical, hands-on focus: Chapter discussions and resources engage readers with material they can directly apply in their careers.
- Up-to-date coverage of current trends: Students learn about the issues, technologies, and processes important in today’s industry.
Table of Contents
Overview of The Fashion Game
Part One: What is The Fashion Game About?
Section 1—The Fashion Game and Its Players
Section 2—Consumers and The Fashion Game
Section 3--Rules of The Fashion Game
Part Two: Fashion Game Players in Action
Section 4—Providers: Supplying Fashion’s Components
Section 5—Producers: Designing and Manufacturing Fashion
Section 6—Purveyors: Bringing Fashion to You
Section 7—Promoters: Making Fashion Exciting
Part Three: Fashion Game Issues
Section 8—Products, Practices, and Problems
Section 9—Consumers and Sustainability Concerns
Part Four: The Fashion Game in Motion
Section 10--The Fashion Game in the World
Section 11—Are You Ready for The Fashion Game?
Section 12—Making Your First Fashion Game Move
Bibliography of Selected Sources
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users