A practical and current look into today’s financial markets and institutions.
In Financial Markets and Institutions, bestselling authors Mishkin and Eakins provide a practical introduction to help you prepare for today’s changing landscape of financial markets and institutions. A unifying framework uses a few core principles to organize learning then examines the models as real-world scenarios from a practitioner’s perspective.
This seventh edition focuses on the cause and effect of today’s global financial crisis.
Table of Contents
Part One: Introduction
1. Why Study Financial Markets and Institutions?
2. Overview of the Financial System
Part Two: Fundamentals of Financial Markets
3. What Do Interest Rates Mean and What Is Their Role in Valuation?
4. Why Do Interest Rates Change?
5. How Do Risk and Term Structure Affect Interest Rates?
6. Are Financial Markets Efficient?
Part Three: Fundamentals of Financial Institutions
7. Why Do Financial Institutions Exist?
8. Why Do Financial Crises Occur and Why Are They So Damaging to the Economy?
Part Four: Central Banking and the Conduct of Monetary Policy
9. Central Banks and the Federal Reserve System
10. Conduct of Monetary Policy: Tools, Goals, Strategy, and Tactics
Part Five: Financial Markets
11. The Money Markets
12. The Bond Market
13. The Stock Market
14. The Mortgage Markets
15. The Foreign Exchange Market
16. The International Financial System
Part Six: The Financial Institutions Industry
17. Banking and the Management of Financial Institutions
18. Financial Regulation
19. Banking Industry: Structure and Competition
20. The Mutual Fund Industry
21. Insurance Companies and Pension Funds
22. Investment Banks, Security Brokers and Dealers, and Venture Capital Firms
Part Seven: The Management of Financial Institutions
23. Risk Management in Financial Institutions
24. Hedging with Financial Derivatives
Chapters on the Web
25. Savings Associations and Credit Unions
26. Finance Companies
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$49.00 | Add to Cart
These online resources are available at no cost.
Companion Website for Financial Markets and Institutions, 7th Edition
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
This publication is not currently for sale.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$103.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-213688-4