For educational administration and leadership students taking school finance courses.
A popular, user-friendly school finance text that is both current and comprehensive.
The newly revised eleventh edition of this classic school finance text retains its practical tone and superior presentation while adding the most up-to-date information and material regarding education finance. Providing readers with a firm knowledge of all facets of financing education — along with a number of helpful pedagogical tools such as clear tables and end-of-chapter assignment projects — this new edition adds information on hot button topics including the economics of education, recent and relevant court decisions, and the ongoing debate about school vouchers, tax credits, and charter schools.
Table of Contents
1 The Economics of Education
2 The Need for Adequate Funds
3 Financing Education Equitably
4 Patterns for School Finance Systems
5 Sources of Revenue
6 Eroding Local Control
7 Education: A State Function
8 Federal Interest in Education
9 The Influence and Climate of the Courts
10 Public Funds and Nonpublic Schools
11 Financing School Facilities
12 Administering the District and School Budget
13 Accounting and Auditing
14 Business Aspects of the School Community
15 Human Resources and School Finance
16 The Road Ahead in School Finance
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780132952750
Includes this title packaged with:
- Case Studies on Educational Administration, 6th Edition
Theodore J. Kowalski
$198.27 | Add to Cart
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Financing Education in a Climate of Change, 12th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users