For courses in Finite Element Analysis, offered in departments of Mechanical or Civil and Environmental Engineering.
While many good textbooks cover the theory of finite element modeling, this is the only text available that incorporates ANSYS as an integral part of its content. Moaveni presents the theory of finite element analysis, explores its application as a design/modeling tool, and explains in detail how to use ANSYS intelligently and effectively.
Table of Contents
2. Matrix Algebra.
4. Axial Members, Beams, and Frames.
5. One-Dimensional Elements.
6. Analysis of One-Dimensional Problems.
7. Two-Dimensional Elements.
8. More ANSYS.
9. Analysis of Two-Dimensional Heat Transfer Problems.
10. Analysis of Two-Dimensional Solid Mechanics Problems.
11. Dynamic Problems.
12. Analysis of Fluid Mechanic Problems.
13. Three-Dimensional Elements.
14. Design and Material Selection.
15. Design Optimization.
Appendix A: Mechanical Properties of Some Materials.
Appendix B: Thermophysical Properties of Some Materials.
Appendix C: Properties of Common Area Shapes.
Appendix D: Properties of Structural Steel Shapes.
Appendix E: Conversion Factors.
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$94.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-604366-9