Text only. This product does NOT include a Resource Central Access Code Card. To purchase the text with a Resource Central Access Code Card, please use ISBN: 0-13-294873-7
Now in full color throughout, this extensively updated text provides a complete foundation in fire department hydraulics, explaining how and why water is discharged from nozzles at the correct pressures to effectively fight fires. One step at a time, FIRE DEPARTMENT HYDRAULICS, 3/e clearly explains key concepts including the weight of water, friction loss within hoselines, characteristics of municipal water supplies, delivery of water to handlines and master streams, and much more. This edition’s many improvements include: new full color diagrams, tables and photos; new safety alerts based on NFFF’s life-safety initiatives; coverage of new tank shapes, containers, hoses, testing, and deck gun calculations; more effective organization; and extensive new web-based study resources.
Table of Contents
1. Principles of Fire Department Hydraulics
2. Water Tanks and Hose Capacity
3. Water Supply and Testing Procedures
4. Fire Streams
6. Friction Loss Principles and Application
7. Required Pump Discharge Pressure
8. Unusual and Complex Problems
9. Pumps, Pump Accessories, and Drafting Operations
10. Relay Operations
11. Fire Ground Hydraulics
Summary of Formulas
Square Roots Table
Answers to Tests
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$10.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-262497-8
$22.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-257716-8
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$42.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-310078-5