Reflecting current popular topics in group fitness, Fitness Through Aerobics, Ninth Edition covers a broad array of issues that speak to a wide range of aerobics instructors, and will engage students of every background and discipline. Bishop teaches steps and methodologies for performing all types of aerobic group exercises—as well as strength and flexibility exercises that contribute to proper technique—in a straightforward, accessible writing style.
The Ninth Edition is completely updated with videos that demonstrate proper exercise technique, new coverage of the latest group exercise activities, and new photos.
Table of Contents
1. Aerobics, Wellness, and You!
2. Individual Differences: Let's Talk About You
3. Fitness Components and Exercise Principles
4. The Aerobic Target Zone
5. Setting Goals and Reaching Your Dream
6. Posture: A Dynamic Concept
7. Flexibility: Warm-Up/Cool-Down
8. Rhythmic Aerobics: Variations and Styles
9. Group Exercise: New Activities for More Choices
10. Muscular Fitness: Building Strength and Endurance
11. Resistance Exercises: Weight, Bands and Balls
12. The Mind-Body Connection
13 Nutrition and Weight Management
14. Prevention and Care
15. A Lifetime of Aerobics
Appendix 1. Muscles of the Body
Appendix 2. Clothing and Equipment
Appendix 3. Internet Resources
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Fitness through Aerobics, CourseSmart eTextbook, 9th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$23.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-89065-8