For courses in Quantity Food Production and Foodservice Management.
This classic text is the resource for learning how to prepare and serve quality food in quantity. From caterers to food service managers, this book provides a wide variety of reliable quantity recipes and methods for planning, selecting and preparing menus for all types of food services. With over 100 new recipes, updated tables, and information on the latest techniques, this edition addresses safety and economic concerns, as well as the dining trends and expectations of today's consumer.
Table of Contents
PART I: SERVING FOOD IN QUANTITY
1. Introduction to Quantity Foodservice
2. Recipe Development, Construction, and Adjustment
3. Planning Menus and Planning Special Meals and Receptions
PART II: FOOD PRODUCTION TABLES
4. Food Production Tables
PART III: FOODS AND FOOD PRODUCTION
5. Food Product Information and Food Service
6. Quantity Food Production Fundamentals and Evaluating Food Quality
7. Food Safety
PART IV: RECIPES
8. Appetizers and Hors d’oeuvres
12. Eggs and Cheese
13. Fish and Shellfish
16. Pasta, Rice, Cereals, and Foods with Grains, Beans, and Tofu
17. Salads and Salad Dressings
19. Sauces, Marinades, Rubs, and Seasonings
APPENDIX A: Suggested Menu Items and Garnishes
APPENDIX B: Glossary of Menu and Cooking Terms
APPENDIX C: Resources with Ideas for Naming, Plating, and Garnishing Food
APPENDIX D: Common Pricing Methods
APPENDIX E: Basic Formulas for Calculating Yields and for Purchasing Food
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Food for Fifty, CourseSmart eTextbook, 13th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$71.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-508699-5