Forensic Science: From the Crime Scene to the Crime Lab, Second Edition, is designed to present forensic science in a straightforward and student-friendly format. Ideal for students with limited background in the sciences, topics are arranged to integrate scientific methodology with actual forensic applications. Discussions are focused on explaining state-of-the-art technology without delving into extraneous theories that may bore or overwhelm non-science students. Only the most relevant scientific and technological concepts are presented, keeping students focused on the practical knowledge they’ll need in the field.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Securing and Searching the Crime Scene
Chapter 3 Recording the Crime Scene
Chapter 4 Collection of Crime-Scene Evidence
Chapter 5 Physical Evidence
Chapter 6 Death Investigation
Chapter 7 Crime-Scene Reconstruction
Chapter 8 Fingerprints
Chapter 9 Firearms, Toolmarks, and Other Impressions
Chapter 10 Bloodstain Pattern Analysis
Chapter 11 Drugs
Chapter 12 Forensic Toxicology
Chapter 13 Trace Evidence I: Hairs and Fibers
Chapter 14 Trace Evidence II: Paint, Glass, and Soil
Chapter 15 Biological Stain Analysis: DNA
Chapter 16 Forensic Aspects of Fire and Explosion Investigation
Chapter 17 Document Examination
Chapter 18 Computer Forensics
Appendix I Guides to the Collection of Physical Evidence—FBI
Appendix II Instructions for Collecting Gunshot Residue
Appendix III Chemical Formulas for Latent Fingerprint Development
Appendix IV Chemical Formulas for Development of Footwear Impressions in Blood
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
This item has been upgraded to Forensic Science: From the Crime Scene to the Crime Lab, 3rd Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$81.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307314-0