For courses in Introduction to Forensics.
This easy to read, comprehensive primer is written by criminal justice professionals specifically for criminal justice students. It reviews 89 specific and timely forensic areas of academic investigation and its discussions are tempered with significant day-to-day field application experience. Its chapter-opening outlines and end-of-chapter learning features strive to make the material relevant for readers and its goal is to encourage students to understand how they will use forensic science in the criminal justice field.
Table of Contents
SECTION ONE: BACKGROUND MATERIAL
1. Introduction to Forensics
2. The History of Forensics
SECTION TWO: PROCESSING THE EVIDENCE
3. The Importance of the Crime Scene
4. The Crime Laboratory
SECTION THREE: DRUGS, DOCUMENTS, AND DOORJAMBS
5. Toxicology, Drugs, and Chemical Analysis
6. Document Analysis, Computer Forensics, and Fraud Investigation
7. Burglary, Theft, and Accident Investigation
SECTION FOUR: VIOLENT FELONIES
8. The Process of Dying and Death Investigation
10. Assault, Abuse, and Sexual Crimes
SECTION FIVE: LARGE CRIME SCENES; FORENSIC MENTAL HEALTH
11. Arson, Explosives and Mass Casualties
12. Forensic Mental Health
SECTION SIX: IN THE COURTROOM AND THE FUTURE OF FORENSICS
13. In the Courtroom
14. An International Perspective and a Look Toward the Future
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Forensics, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Safari Book
$45.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-504391-2