Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 013338621X.
The new Sixteenth Edition of this classic text presents a broad introduction to the foundations of education through discussion of theory and practice in such areas as advocacy; legislation; and the current social, political, and economic climate. In it, teachers gain a realistic perspective and approach to their work. Current, thoughtful, and completely up-to-date, Foundations of American Education presents a comprehensive look at the fast-paced world of information and the underlying constructs influencing today’s schools. The book includes comprehensive coverage of recent trends and issues in schools, the emergence of Common Core State Standards, RTI, and the continuing emphasis on assessment. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
Table of Contents
Part I - The Teaching Profession
Ch. 1 - Teaching in a Challenging World
Part II - Historical Foundations of Education
Ch. 2 - The Early History of Education in a Changing World
Ch. 3 - Historical Perspectives of Education
Part III - Philosophical Foundations of Education
Ch. 4 - Philosophy: Reflections on the Essence of Education
Ch. 5 - Building an Educational Philosophy in a Changing World
Part IV - Sociological Foundations of Education
Ch. 6 - The Place of Schools in Society
Ch. 7 - Diversity in Society and Schools
Ch. 8 - Students and Their Families
Part V - Governance, Organization, and Legal Foundations of Education
Ch. 9 - Organizing and Paying for Education
Ch. 10 - Legal Perspectives on Education
Part VI - Curricular Foundations of Education
Ch. 11 - Standards, Assessment, and Accountability
Ch. 12 - Designing Programs for Learners in Challenging Times: Curriculum and Instruction
Ch. 13 - Becoming an Effective Teacher in a Challegning World
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$84.99 | Buy Access
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$87.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-314531-1