Helps apply the research findings of behavioral neuroscience to daily life.
The ninth edition of Foundations of Behavioral Neuroscience offers a concise introduction to behavioral neuroscience. The text incorporates the latest studies and research in the rapidly changing fields of neuroscience and physiological psychology. The theme of strategies of learning helps readers apply these research findings to daily life. Foundations of Behavioral Neuroscience is an ideal choice for the instructor who wants a concise text with a good balance of human and animal studies.
MyPsychLab is an integral part of the Carlson program. Key learning applications include the MyPsychLab Brain.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning — MyPsychLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program. It helps students prepare for class and instructor gauge individual and class performance.
- Improve Critical Thinking —Each chapter begins with a list of Learning Objectives that also serve as the framework for the Study Guide that accompanies this text.
- Engage Students —An Interim Summary follows each major section of the book. The summaries provide useful reviews and also break each chapter into manageable chunks.
- Explore Theory/Research — APS Reader, Current Directions in Biopsychology in MyPsychLab
- Support Instructors — A full set of supplements, including MyPsychLab, provides instructors with all the resources and support they need.
NOTE: This is the standalone book, if you want the BookAccess Card order the ISBN below:
0205962092 / 9780205962099 Foundations of Behavioral Neuroscience Plus NEW MyPsychLab with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0205206514 / 9780205206513 NEW MyPsychLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card
0205940242 / 9780205940240 Foundations of Behavioral Neuroscience
Table of Contents
Brief Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Origins of Behavioral Neuroscience
Chapter 2: Structure and Functions of Cells of the Nervous System
Chapter 3: Structure of the Nervous System
Chapter 4: Psychopharmacology
Chapter 5: Methods and Strategies of Research
Chapter 6: Vision
Chapter 7: Audition, the Body Senses, and the Chemical Senses
Chapter 8: Sleep and Biological Rhythms
Chapter 9: Reproductive Behavior
Chapter 10: Emotion
Chapter 11: Ingestive Behavior
Chapter 12: Learning and Memory
Chapter 13: Human Communication
Chapter 14: Neurological Disorders
Chapter 15: Schizophrenia, Affective Disorders, and Anxiety Disorders
Chapter 16: Autistic, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity, Stress, and Substance Abuse
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780205915675
Includes this title packaged with:
- Colorful Introduction to the Anatomy of the Human Brain, A: A Brain and Psychology Coloring Book, 2nd Edition
John P.J. Pinel, Maggie Edwards
- NEW MyPsychLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card
. . Pearson Education
$208.33 | Add to Cart
Format: Alternate Binding
We're temporarily out of stock, but order now and we'll send it to you later.Back Order
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$76.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-94562-7
$56.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-94896-3
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$92.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-94038-7
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$157.33 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-93081-4
$226.20 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-94024-0
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$150.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-94040-0