Helps apply the research findings of behavioral neuroscience to daily life.
The ninth edition of Foundations of Behavioral Neuroscience offers a concise introduction to behavioral neuroscience. The text incorporates the latest studies and research in the rapidly changing fields of neuroscience and physiological psychology. The theme of strategies of learning helps readers apply these research findings to daily life. Foundations of Behavioral Neuroscience is an ideal choice for the instructor who wants a concise text with a good balance of human and animal studies.
This is the standalone edition, if you want the book/access code order the ISBN below:
0205968090 / 9780205968091 Foundations of Behavioral Neuroscience (paper) Plus NEW MyPsychLab with eText -- Access Card Package 9/e
Package consists of:
0205206514 / 9780205206513 NEW MyPsychLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card
0205947999 / 9780205947997 Foundations of Behavioral Neuroscience (paper)
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Table of Contents
Brief Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Origins of Behavioral Neuroscience
Chapter 2: Structure and Functions of Cells of the Nervous System
Chapter 3: Structure of the Nervous System
Chapter 4: Psychopharmacology
Chapter 5: Methods and Strategies of Research
Chapter 6: Vision
Chapter 7: Audition, the Body Senses, and the Chemical Senses
Chapter 8: Sleep and Biological Rhythms
Chapter 9: Reproductive Behavior
Chapter 10: Emotion
Chapter 11: Ingestive Behavior
Chapter 12: Learning and Memory
Chapter 13: Human Communication
Chapter 14: Neurological Disorders
Chapter 15: Schizophrenia, Affective Disorders, and Anxiety Disorders
Chapter 16: Autistic, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity, Stress, and Substance Abuse
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780205915675
Includes this title packaged with:
- Colorful Introduction to the Anatomy of the Human Brain, A: A Brain and Psychology Coloring Book, 2nd Edition
John P.J. Pinel, Maggie Edwards
- NEW MyPsychLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card
. . Pearson Education
$162.40 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$89.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-94562-7
$65.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-94896-3
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$97.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-95082-9
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$170.40 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-94024-0
$172.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-93081-4
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$163.33 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-94040-0