Helps apply the research findings of behavioral neuroscience to daily life.
The ninth edition of Foundations of Behavioral Neuroscience offers a concise introduction to behavioral neuroscience. The text incorporates the latest studies and research in the rapidly changing fields of neuroscience and physiological psychology. The theme of strategies of learning helps readers apply these research findings to daily life. Foundations of Behavioral Neuroscience is an ideal choice for the instructor who wants a concise text with a good balance of human and animal studies.
MyPsychLab is an integral part of the Carlson program. Key learning applications include the MyPsychLab Brain.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning — MyPsychLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program. It helps students prepare for class and instructor gauge individual and class performance.
- Improve Critical Thinking —Each chapter begins with a list of Learning Objectives that also serve as the framework for the Study Guide that accompanies this text.
- Engage Students —An Interim Summary follows each major section of the book. The summaries provide useful reviews and also break each chapter into manageable chunks.
- Explore Theory/Research — APS Reader, Current Directions in Biopsychology in MyPsychLab
- Support Instructors — A full set of supplements, including MyPsychLab, provides instructors with all the resources and support they need.
NOTE: This is the standalone book, if you want the BookAccess Card order the ISBN below:
0205962092 / 9780205962099 Foundations of Behavioral Neuroscience Plus NEW MyPsychLab with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0205206514 / 9780205206513 NEW MyPsychLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card
0205940242 / 9780205940240 Foundations of Behavioral Neuroscience
Table of Contents
Brief Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Origins of Behavioral Neuroscience
Chapter 2: Structure and Functions of Cells of the Nervous System
Chapter 3: Structure of the Nervous System
Chapter 4: Psychopharmacology
Chapter 5: Methods and Strategies of Research
Chapter 6: Vision
Chapter 7: Audition, the Body Senses, and the Chemical Senses
Chapter 8: Sleep and Biological Rhythms
Chapter 9: Reproductive Behavior
Chapter 10: Emotion
Chapter 11: Ingestive Behavior
Chapter 12: Learning and Memory
Chapter 13: Human Communication
Chapter 14: Neurological Disorders
Chapter 15: Schizophrenia, Affective Disorders, and Anxiety Disorders
Chapter 16: Autistic, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity, Stress, and Substance Abuse
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$83.65 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-94562-7
$61.65 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-94896-3
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$95.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-95082-9
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$167.33 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-93081-4
$233.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-94024-0
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$158.67 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-94040-0