Enhanced for today’s students, the bestselling Foundations of Earth Science returns in a new edition with a bold new look, new contributor Callan Bentley, and a highly anticipated learning path that facilitates active learning. This brief, paperback version of the best-selling Earth Science by Lutgens and Tarbuck is designed for introductory courses in Earth science. It maintains its highly visual, non-technical survey and broad, up-to-date coverage of basic topics and principles in geology, oceanography, meteorology, and astronomy to foster student understanding of foundational Earth science principles.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Earth Science
Unit I EARTH MATERIALS
Chapter 1: Minerals: Building Blocks of Rocks
Chapter 2: Rocks: Materials of the Solid Earth
Unit II SCULPTURING EARTH’S SURFACE
Chapter 3: Landscapes Fashioned by Water
Chapter 4: Glacial and Arid Landscapes
Unit III FORCES WITHIN
Chapter 5: Plate Tectonics: A Scientific Theory Unfolds
Chapter 6: Restless Earth: Earthquakes, Geologic Structures, and Mountain Building
Chapter 7: Fires Within: Igneous Activity
Unit IV DECIPHERING EARTH’S HISTORY
Chapter 8: Geologic Time
Unit V THE GLOBAL OCEAN
Chapter 9: Oceans: The Last Frontier
Chapter 10: The Restless Ocean
Unit VI EARTH’S DYNAMIC ATMOSPHERE
Chapter 11: Heating the Atmosphere
Chapter 12: Moisture, Clouds, and Precipitation
Chapter 13: The Atmosphere in Motion
Chapter 14: Weather Patterns and Severe Weather
Unit VII EARTH’S PLACE IN THE UNIVERSE
Chapter 15: The Nature of the Solar System
Chapter 16: Beyond the Solar System
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780134042626
Includes this title packaged with:
- MasteringGeology with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Foundations of Earth Science, 7th Edition
Frederick K. Lutgens, Edward J. Tarbuck, Dennis G. Tasa
- Applications and Investigations in Earth Science, 8th Edition
Edward J. Tarbuck, Frederick K. Lutgens, Dennis G. Tasa, Kenneth G. Pinzke
$252.00 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$74.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-81240-7
$43.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-81238-4
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$71.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-85835-1
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$119.47 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-81214-8