To help readers focus on the most important concepts—and effectively practice application of those concepts—Foundations of Economics is structured around a Checklist/Checkpoint system. The result is a patient, confidence-building textbook that prepares readers to use economics in their everyday life, regardless of what their future career will be.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Getting Started
Chapter 2. The U.S. and Global Economies
Chapter 3. The Economic Problem
Chapter 4. Demand and Supply
PART 2: A CLOSER LOOK AT MARKETS
Chapter 5. Elasticities of Demand and Supply
Chapter 6. Efficiency and Fairness of Markets
PART 3: HOW GOVERNMENTS INFLUENCE THE ECONOMY
Chapter 7. Government Actions in Markets
Chapter 8. Taxes
Chapter 9. Global Markets in Action
PART 4: MARKET FAILURE AND ITS SOLUTIONS
Chapter 10. Externalities
Chapter 11. Public Goods and Common Resources
Chapter 12. Markets with Private Information
PART 5: A CLOSER LOOK AT DECISION MAKERS
Chapter 13. Consumer Choice and Demand
Chapter 14. Production and Cost
PART 6: PRICES, PROFITS, AND INDUSTRY PERFORMANCE
Chapter 15. Perfect Competition
Chapter 16. Monopoly
Chapter 17. Monopolistic Competition
Chapter 18. Oligopoly
PART 7: INCOMES AND INEQUALITY
Chapter 19. Markets for Factors of Production
Chapter 20. Economic Inequality
PART 8: MONITORING THE MACROECONOMY
Chapter 21. GDP: A Measure of Total Production and Income
Chapter 22. Jobs and Unemployment
Chapter 23. The CPI and the Cost of Living
PART 9: THE REAL ECONOMY
Chapter 24. Potential GDP and the Natural Unemployment Rate
Chapter 25. Economic Growth
Chapter 26. Finance, Saving, and Investment
PART 10: THE MONEY ECONOMY
Chapter 27. The Monetary System
Chapter 28. Money, Interest, and Inflation
PART 11: ECONOMIC FLUCTUATIONS
Chapter 29. Aggregate Supply and Aggregate Demand
Chapter 30. Aggregate Expenditure Multiplier
Chapter 31. The Short-Run Policy Tradeoff
PART 12: MACROECONOMIC POLICY
Chapter 32. Fiscal Policy
Chapter 33. Monetary Policy
Chapter 34. International Finance
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$56.00 | Add to Cart
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Format: Alternate Binding
This item has been upgraded to Foundations of Economics, 7th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$129.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-289225-4
$74.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-283353-0
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$131.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-312732-4
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$218.20 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-283138-3