ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
A practice-oriented learning system that breaks the traditional textbook mold
To help students focus on the most important concepts–and effectively practice application of those concepts–Foundations of Microeconomics is structured around a Checklist/Checkpoint system. The result is a patient, confidence-building program that prepares students to use economics in their everyday lives, regardless of what their future career will be.
This program provides a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. It will help you to:
• Personalize learning with MyEconLab: This online homework, tutorial, and assessment program engages students in learning and provides instructors tools to keep students on track.This package contains:
• Encourage students to learn by doing: A Checklist/Checkpoint system provides a practice-oriented framework that enables active learning.
• Command student attention and foster interest in the course: Engaging features draw students into the material, and keep them focused throughout the course.
• Provide engaging, fully updated content: New and updated material on contemporary topics better motivates students to discover the economic way of thinking.
Table of Contents
1. Getting Started
2. The U.S. and Global Economies
3. The Economic Problem
4. Demand and Supply
II. A Closer Look at Markets
5. Elasticities of Demand and Supply
6. Efficiency and Fairness of Markets
III. How Governments Influence the Economy
7. Government Actions in Markets
9. Global Markets in Action
IV. Market Failure and Public Policy
11. Public Goods and Common Resources
12. Markets with Private Information
V. A Closer Look at Decision Makers
13. Consumer Choice and Demand
14. Production and Cost
VI. Prices, Profits, and Industry Performance
15. Perfect Competition
17. Monopolistic Competition
VII. Incomes and Inequality
19. Markets for Factors of Production
20. Economic Inequality
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$54.20 | Add to Cart
$51.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-347951-5
$67.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-348570-7
$121.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-348569-1
Digital + Print
$190.33 $182.24 |
This item has been upgraded to Foundations of Microeconomics Plus MyEconLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 8th Edition.
$177.00 $169.48 |