This text combines historical perspective and contextual information on French society to clearly explain the evolution and health of this country’s political institutions, process, and culture. Throughout, William Safran, a leading area studies expert, goes beyond description to offer original analyses of French politics.
"William Safran is one of the leading scholars of modern and contemporary Europe, and THE FRENCH POLITY is a proven success, the best and most comprehensive introduction to French politics available."—James Hollifield, Southern Methodist University
Need other area or country studies? Package any of the titles below with this text and receive a discount! E-mail email@example.com for more information and a special package ISBN.
- Oladimeji Aborisade and Robert Mundt’s Politics of Nigeria, 2/e
- Gabriel Almond, et al's Comparative Politics Today: A Theoretical Framework 5/e
- Roy Andersen, Robert Seibert, and Jon Wagner's Politics and Change in the Middle East, 9/e
- Mark A. Cichock’s Russian and Eurasian Politics
- Alistair Cole’s French Politics and Society, 2/e
- Markus Crepaz and Jurg Steiner's European Democracies, 6/e
- Catharine Danks’s Russian Politics and Society
- Alan Draper and Ansil Ramsay's The Good Society
- June Teufel Dreyer’s China’s Political System, 6/e
- Howard Handelman's The Challenge of Third World Development, 5/e
- Mir Zohair Husain’s Global Islamist Politics, 2/e
- Mark Garnett and Philip Lynch’s Exploring British Politics
- Steve Marsh and Hans Mackenstein’s The International Relations of the EU
- Phillip Norton’s The British Polity, 4/e
- Gavin O’Toole’s Politics Latin America
- Richard Payne and James Nassar's Politics and Culture of the Developing World
- J. Richard Piper’s Major Nation-States in the European Union
- Thomas Remington’s Politics in Russia, 4/e
- Michael Roskin and James Coyle's Politics of the Middle East, 2/e
- Vera Simone’s The Asian Pacific, 2/e
- James A. Bill and Robert Springborg’s Politics in the Middle East, 5/e
- Jonathan Tonge’s Northern Ireland, 2/e
- Joseph Weatherby’s The Middle East and North Africa
- Joseph Weatherby, et al.’s The Other World
- David Wood and Birol A. Yesilada’s The Emerging European Union, 4/e
Table of Contents
Chapter 2. The Economic and Social Context
Chapter 3. Political Attitudes
Chapter 4. Political Parties and Elections
Chapter 5. Interest Groups
Chapter 6. Instruments and Patterns of Decision Making: The Executive.
Chapter 7. Instruments and Patterns of Decision Making: The Parliament.
Chapter 8. The Administrative System.
Chapter 9. Law, Justice, and Civil Liberties.
Chapter 10. Political Changes and Public Policies.
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
French Polity, The, CourseSmart eTextbook, 7th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$39.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-65184-9