A reader-friendly book with an abundance of numerical and real-life examples.
Based on Hull's Options, Futures and Other Derivatives, Fundamentals of Futures and Options Markets presents an accessible and student-friendly overview of the topic without the use of calculus. Packed with numerical examples and accounts of real-life situations, this text effectively guides students through the material while helping them prepare for the working world.
Table of Contents
2. Mechanics of futures markets
3. Hedging strategies using futures
4. Interest rates
5. Determination of forward and futures prices
6. Interest rate futures
8. Securitization and the credit crisis of 2007
9. Mechanics of options markets
10. Properties of stock options
11. Trading strategies involving options
12. Introduction to binomial trees
13. Valuing stock options: The Black--Scholes--Merton model
14. Employee stock options
15. Options on stock indices and currencies
16. Futures options
17. The Greek letters
18. Binomial trees in practice
19. Volatility smiles
20. Value at risk
21. Interest rate options
22. Exotic options and other nonstandard products
23. Credit derivatives
24. Weather, energy, and insurance derivatives
25. Derivatives mishaps and what we can learn from them
Answers to Quiz Questions
Glossary of terms
Major exchanges trading futures and options
Tables for N(x)
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Fundamentals of Futures and Options Markets, CourseSmart eTextbook, 8th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$101.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-299510-8