For introductory courses in Human Resource Management.
A brief format, ideal for instructors who want flexibility while maintaining the integrity of the material.
Fundamentals of Human Resource Management covers a wide range of HR topics and shows students the importance of human resource management within the restraints of a compact semester. Offering a wealth of functional examples and applications, this text emphasizes the notion that all managers need basic human resource management skills.
This edition is the first text on the market to build its core around the talent management process—which the author defines as the goal-oriented and integrated process of planning, recruiting, developing, managing, and compensating employees.
Table of Contents
1. Managing Human Resources Today
2. Managing Equal Opportunity and Diversity
3. Human Resource Strategy and Analysis
II. STAFFING. WORKFORCE PLANNING AND EMPLOYMENT
4. Job Analysis and Talent Management
5. Personnel Planning and Recruiting
6. Selecting Employees
III. TRAINING AND HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
7. Training and Developing Employees
8. Performance and Talent Management
9. Managing Employee Turnover, Engagement, and Careers
IV. COMPENSATION AND TOTAL REWARDS
10. Developing Compensation Plans
11. Pay for Performance and Employee Benefits
V. EMPLOYEE AND LABOR RELATIONS
12. Ethics, Employee Relations, and Fair Treatment at Work
13. Working with Unions and Resolving Disputes
14. Improving Occupational Safety, Health, and Risk Management
VI. SPECIAL ISSUES IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Module A. Managing HR Globally
Module B. Managing Human Resources in Small and Entrepreneurial Firms
Appendix A. PHR and SPHR Knowledge Base
Appendix B. Comprehensive Cases
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Fundamentals of Human Resource Management, CourseSmart eTextbook, 3rd Edition
Format: Safari Book
$93.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-302354-1