NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the MyLab platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For introductory courses in human resource management.
This package includes MyLab Management.
Foundations in management beyond the HR department
Fundamentals of Human Resources Management supports human resources training for all students of management -- not just HR managers. The text presents a wide range of HR topics within a single semester of material, and a wealth of functional examples and applications. Fundamentals is also the first text of its kind to make talent management processes a core study.
This 5th Edition has been updated with practical personnel techniques, real company examples, and new material on business sustainability. Each chapter touches on important recurring themes in management, including employee engagement tactics, small/global business management, employment law features, and positive employee relations, to help students become stronger and more effective managers.
Personalize learning with MyLab Management
By combining trusted authors’ content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student.
013489040X / 9780134890401 Fundamentals of Human Resource Management Plus MyLab Management with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 5/e
Package consists of:
- 0134740211 / 9780134740218 Fundamentals of Human Resource Management
- 0134743431 / 9780134743431 MyLab Management with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Fundamentals of Human Resource Management
Table of Contents
PART I: INTRODUCTION
1. Managing Human Resources Today
2. Managing Equal Opportunity and Diversity
3. Human Resource Strategy and Performance
PART II: STAFFING: WORKFORCE PLANNING AND EMPLOYMENT
4. Job Analysis and Talent Management
5. Personnel Planning and Recruiting
6. Selecting Employees
PART III: TRAINING AND HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
7. Training and Developing Employees
8. Performance Management and Appraisal Today
9. Managing Careers
PART IV: COMPENSATION AND TOTAL REWARDS
10. Developing Compensation Plans
11. Pay for Performance and Employee Benefits
PART V: EMPLOYEE AND LABOR RELATIONS
12. Maintaining Positive Employee Relations
13. Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining
14. Improving Occupational Safety, Health, and Risk Management
PART VI: SPECIAL TOPICS IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Module A: Managing HR Globally
Module B: Managing Human Resources in Small and Entrepreneurial Firms
$59.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-474055-3
$79.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-474195-6
Digital + Print
$186.65 $177.32 |
ISBN-13: 978-0-13-487349-7 $246.65 $234.32 |
Free Ground Shipping.
$166.65 $158.32 |
ISBN-13: 978-0-13-474056-0 $239.99 $227.99 |