Intended primarily for undergraduate college/university courses in investments, this text also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals.
Fundamentals of Investing helps readers make informed investment decisions in their personal and professional lives by providing a solid foundation of core concepts and tools. Smart/Gitman/Joehnk use practical, hands-on applications to introduce the topics and techniques used by both personal investors and money managers. The authors integrate a consistent framework based on learning goals to keep readers focused on what is most important in each chapter. Readers will gain the necessary information for developing, implementing, and monitoring a successful investment program.
To order Fundamentals of Investing, 12e, with MyFinanceLab, use the following ISBN: 0133423948 / 9780133423945
Fundamentals of Investing, 12e, Plus NEW MyFinanceLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package consists of:
- 0133075354 / 9780133075359Fundamentals of Investing, 12e,
- 0133079023 / 9780133079029 NEW MyFinanceLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Fundamentals of Investing, 12e,
Table of Contents
I. PREPARING TO INVEST
1. The Investment Environment
2. Securities Markets and Transactions
3. Investment Information and Securities Transactions
II. IMPORTANT CONCEPTUAL TOOLS
4. Return and Risk
4A. The Time Value of Money
5. Modern Portfolio Concepts
III. INVESTING IN COMMON STOCKS
6. Common Stocks
7. Analyzing Common Stocks
8. Stock Valuation
9. Market Efficiency and Behavioral Finance
IV. INVESTING IN FIXED-INCOME SECURITIES
10. Fixed-Income Securities
11. Bond Valuation
V. PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
12. Mutual Funds and Exchange-Traded Funds
13. Managing Your Own Portfolio
VI. DERIVATIVE SECURITIES
14. Options: Puts and Calls
15. Commodities and Financial Futures
16. Investing in Preferred Stocks
17. Tax-Advantaged Investments
18. Real Estate and Other Tangible Investments
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780133956313
Includes this title packaged with:
- Excel Modeling in Corporate Finance, 5th Edition
Craig W. Holden
- NEW MyFinanceLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Fundamentals of Investing, 12th Edition
Scott B. Smart, Lawrence J. Gitman, Michael D. Joehnk
$321.40 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$109.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307904-3
$62.45 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307906-7
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$120.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-313588-6
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$200.07 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307540-3