Bridging the gap between current merchandising math textbooks and retail buying textbooks, The Fundamentals of Retail Buying with Merchandising Math incorporates both buying philosophies and merchandising math. The text's problem-based method of learning incorporates questions and problems that train the reader to think like a buyer and encourage group collaboration and critical thinking. Simulated exercises mimic real-life buying responsibilities. Additionally, the order of the chapters and content within each chapter mimic the training of an assistant buyer in a corporate buying office. Providing a full, broad view of the retail buyer’s role, the text also includes the key merchandising math formulae that is the basis of all retail buying analysis.
Table of Contents
UNIT 1: FORMULAS AND BASIC PRINCIPLES
Introduction: Getting Started
Chapter One: Sales and Percent Change
Chapter Two: Percent to Total
Chapter Three: Sell Thru
Chapter Four: Stock-to-Sales Analysis
Chapter Five: Markup & Markdowns
UNIT 2: MANAGING THE BUSINESS
Chapter Six: Purchase Orders
Chapter Seven: The Six Month Merchandise Plan
Chapter Eight: Profit & Loss Statement
Chapter Nine: Cooperative Advertising
UNIT 3: PRIORITIZING AND NEGOTIATING
Chapter Ten: Buying Simulations
Chapter Eleven: End-of-Season Negotiations
Chapter Twelve: Monday Morning Reports (Sales)
Chapter Thirteen: Monday Morning Reports (Markdowns)
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$37.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-302846-1