For courses in Garde Manger, Banquets & Catering, & Charcuterie.
This book was developed to increase the student’s understanding of garde manger, both as a style of cuisine and as a tool to enhance the efficiency and value of cookery. Emphasizing techniques of cooking over specific recipes, it covers a broad range of dishes–from cold sauces to plated appetizers to hors d’oeuvres. With a focus on creativity, it devotes separate chapters to the principles of plate presentation, buffet design, food art and sculpted centerpieces. Designed for the contemporary kitchen, it prepares students for a variety of situations, from a la carte menus to theme-based events, buffets and brunches.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Garde Manger
2. Mise en Place: Essential Techniques of The Garde Manger
3. Sauces, Salad Dressings, and Condiments
6. Smoking, Curing, and Preserving
8. Contemporary Charcuterie
9. Amuse-Bouche, Plated Appetizers & Hors d’Oeuvres
11. The Global Garde Manger
12. Principles of Plate and Platter Presentation
13. Buffets: Design, Production and Presentation
14. Food Art: Food Decoration and Garnishing
15. The Sculpted Centerpiece: Fruits, Vegetables, Ice, Tallow, and Salt Dough
BIBLIOGRAPHY & SUGGESTED READINGS
PRODUCT & EQUIPMENT RESOURCE
STANDARD MEASUREMENT AND CONVERSION CHARTS
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Garde Manger: The Cold Kitchen, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Safari Book
$47.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-500623-8