Designed to prepare students for health-related careers, General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry: Structures of Life breaks chemical concepts down into manageable pieces and offers a step-by-step approach that clarifies student understanding. Timberlake’s friendly writing style, student focus, strong problems, and engaging, health-related applications make this book a best seller among its peers.
The Fourth Edition emphasizes connections between chemistry and students’ future careers — and develops the problem-solving skills students need beyond the classroom. Each chapter now includes NEW chapter-opening Career Interviews and Career Focus features to illustrate the role chemistry plays in modern, health-related professions. A new Analyze the Problem feature furthers critical-thinking skills by showing students how to break down a word problem into the components needed to solve that problem. Throughout the new edition, national student performance data collected through MasteringChemistry® on assigned problems informed the extensive revisions to end-of-chapter problems, ensuring their effectiveness.
This package contains:
- General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry: Structures of Life, Fourth Edition
Table of Contents
2 Energy and Matter
3 Atoms and Elements
4 Nuclear Chemistry
5 Compounds and Their Bonds
6 Chemical Reactions and Quantities
9 Reaction Rates and Chemical Equilibrium
10 Acids and Bases
11 Introduction to Organic Chemistry: Alkanes
12 Alkenes, Alkynes, and Aromatic Compounds
13 Alcohols, Phenols, Thiols, and Ethers
14 Aldehydes, Ketones, and Chiral Molecules
16 Carboxylic Acids and Esters
18 Amines and Amides
19 Amino Acids and Proteins
20 Enzymes and Vitamins
21 Nucleic Acids and Protein Synthesis
22 Metabolic Pathways for Carbohydrates
23 Metabolism and Energy Production
24 Metabolic Pathways for Lipids and Amino Acids
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry: Structures of Life, 5th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$113.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-75933-7
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users