Informed by many years of genetics teaching and research experience, authors Mark Sanders and John Bowman use an integrative approach that helps contextualize three core challenges of learning genetics: solving problems, understanding evolution, and understanding the connection between traditional genetics models and more modern approaches.
This package contains:
- Genetic Analysis: An Integrated Approach
Table of Contents
2 Transmission Genetics
3 Cell Division and Chromosome Heredity
4 Gene Interaction
5 Genetic Linkage and Mapping in Eukaryotes
6 Genetic Analysis and Mapping in Bacteria and Bacteriophage
7 DNA Structure and Replication
8 Molecular Biology of Transcription and RNA Processing
9 The Molecular Biology of Translation
10 The Integration of Genetic Approaches: Understanding Sickle Cell Disease
11 Chromosome Structure
12 Gene Mutation, DNA Repair, and Homologous Recombination
13 Chromosome Aberrations and Transposition
14 Regulation of Gene Expression in Bacteria and Bacteriophage
15 Regulation of Gene Expression in Eukaryotes
16 Forward Genetics and Recombinant DNA Technology
17 Applications of Recombinant DNA Technology and Reverse Genetics
18 Genomics: Genetics from a Whole-Genome Perspective
19 Cytoplasmic Inheritance and the Evolution of Organelle Genomes
20 Developmental Genetics
21 Genetic Analysis of Quantitative Traits
22 Population Genetics and Evolution
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Genetic Analysis: An Integrated Approach, 2nd Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$94.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-70707-9
$94.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-84194-0
$62.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-70706-2
$62.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-84193-3
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users