Following Gente: Nivel basico in its philosophy and task-based approach to teaching and learning a second language, with Gente: Nivel intermedio students learn intermediate level Spanish through interaction and collaborative work.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Task-based Approach — Learners are encouraged to collaboratively interact with authentic language through a series of carefully-sequenced communicative activities and real-life tasks. "Tasks” are collaborative projects that integrate speaking, listening, reading and writing to complete them with the skills that are needed to communicate effectively in the real world. With Gente: Nivel intermedio students learn by doing, communicate with a purpose and emerge as truly independent learners with the confidence to speak Spanish in a spontaneous, natural way.
- Connect with Culture — Cultural topics of current interest in the Spanish-speaking world are introduced in every chapter and the opportunity for cross-cultural reflection is encouraged throughout the program.
- Explore Grammar — Gente: Nivel intermedio seeks to provide learners with an integral approach to grammar, by which forms are associated with conveying meaning. The approach to grammar goes beyond the presentation and practice of linguistic forms. Each activity found in the program encourages the establishment of connections between forms and meanings, as well as the use of those forms in context. Working on grammar in Gente: Nivel intermedio not only entails the development of accuracy, but also the development of fluency and discourse. Sections that support grammar instruction and learning are the Consultorio lingüístico and the quick grammar reference section located next to the grammar activities found in the Gramática en contexto.
- Build Vocabulary — Readers learn vocabulary through contextualized activities found throughout the chapters.
- Develop Skills — All sections in each chapter of the program are geared towards interaction, negotiation of meaning, and development of listening, reading, speaking and writing.
MySpanishLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySpanishLab access, please visit: www.mylanguagelabs.com or you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MySpanishLab 24-month access (ISBN: 0205876900 ).
Table of Contents
1 Gente de cine
2 Gente genial
3 Gente y aventura
4 Gente solidaria
5 Gente con corazón
6 Gente y productos
7 Gente y culturas
8 Gente y propuestas
9 Gente y emociones
10 Gente y noticias
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$89.40 | Add to Cart
These online resources are available at no cost.
Companion Website for Gente:Nivel intermedio
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780205964239
Includes this title packaged with:
- MySpanishLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Gente: Nivel intermedio (one semester access)
Joan Munné, Liliana Paredes, Ernesto Martin Peris, Nuria Sanchez Quintana, Neus Sans Baulenas
$138.47 | Add to Cart
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$74.80 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-85750-0
$126.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-01086-8
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.