Updated in its 2nd edition,Georgia Politics in a State of Change, explores Georgia’s constitution, politics, and government. It combines historical background and the most current scholarship to tell the story of Georgia politics from the state’s founding to the institutions, policies, and people changing Georgia today. Written with an entertaining, conversational style, this concise text provides expansive treatment of Georgia politics and covers new ground not available in any other book on the subject.
Table of Contents
Part I: Georgia Politics: From Talmadgism to Two-Party Competition
1. Georgia and the Rule of the Rustics
2. Georgia Geography and Politics
3. Republican Rebirth, Democratic Delaying Actions
Part II: Constitutions and Institutions
4. The Georgia Constitution
5. The Georgia General Assembly
6. The Executive Branch
7. The Judicial System
8. Local Government
Part III: Agents of Change
9. Voting Rights in Georgia
Part IV: Linking the Public to the Government
11. Political Parties
12. Interest Groups
13. The Electoral Process
14. Education Policy
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780134112060
Includes this title packaged with:
- NEW MyPoliSciLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card
. Pearson Education, Larry J. Sabato, Alixandra B. Yanus
- Understanding American Politics and Government, 2012 Election Edition, Books a la Carte Edition, 3rd Edition
John J. Coleman, Kenneth M. Goldstein, William G. Howell
$153.87 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$14.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-91787-7