ALERT:¿Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you¿select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition,¿you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Among the most highly regarded in physical geography, Robert Christopherson’s best-selling texts are known for their meticulous attention to detail, currency, accuracy, and rich integration of climate change science. Geosystems: An Introduction to Physical Geography, Ninth Edition is uniquely organized to present Earth systems topics as they naturally occur: atmosphere, hydrosphere, lithosphere and biosphere. This interconnected and organic systems-based approach is highlighted in the strong pedagogical tools, structured learning path, and up-to-date information found in the text. This new edition presents bold new features that cultivate an active learning environment both in and outside the classroom.The Ninth Edition is available with MasteringGeography™ , the most effective and widely used online tutorial, homework, and assessment system for the sciences.
This program will provide an interactive and engaging learning experience for you. Here’s how:
- Personalize learning with MasteringGeography: MasteringGeography provides students with engaging and interactive experiences that coach them through introductory physical geography with specific wrong-answer feedback, hints, and a wide variety of educationally effective content.
- Leverage strong pedagogical tools and a structured active learning path: The text reinforces central hallmark physical geography themes of Earth systems, human-Earth relations, and global climate change by providing a consistent framework for mastering chapter concepts.¿
- Teach with current and relevant content. An emphasis on currency provides you with compelling reasons for learning physical geography.¿
0321948882 / 9780321948885 Geosystems: An Introduction to Physical Geography Plus MasteringGeography with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:¿¿¿
0321926986 / 9780321926982 Geosystems: An Introduction to Physical Geography
0321948408 / 9780321948403 MasteringGeography with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Geosystems: An Introduction to Physical Geography
Table of Contents
1. Essentials of Geography
The Energy-Atmosphere System
2. Solar Energy to Earth and the Seasons
3. Earth’s Modern Atmosphere
4. Atmosphere and Surface Energy Balances
5. Global Temperatures
6. Atmospheric and Oceanic Circulations
The Water, Weather, and Climate Systems
7. Water and Atmospheric Moisture
9. Water Resources
10. Global Climate Systems
11. Global Climate Change
The Earth-Atmosphere Interface
12. The Dynamic Planet
13. Tectonics, Earthquakes, and Volcanism
14. Weathering, Karst Landscapes, and Mass Movement
15. River Systems
16. Oceans, Coastal Systems, and Wind Processes
17. Glacial and Periglacial Landscapes
Soils, Ecosystems, and Biomes
18. The Geography of Soil
19. Ecosystem Essentials
20. Terrestrial Biomes
Appendix A Maps in this Text and Topographic Maps
Appendix B The Koppen Climate Classification System
Appendix C Common Conversions
These online resources are available at no cost.
Companion Website for Applied Physical Geography: Geosystems in the Laboratory, 9th Edition
$15.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-399663-0
$45.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94835-9
$78.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94947-9