Get Fit, Stay Well! meets you where you are and gives you the targeted, personal guidance you need to get where you want to be.
Already the most modern, student-centric, action-plan-oriented fitness and wellness textbook on the market, the Second Edition of Get Fit, Stay Well! takes its mission a step further by becoming the most personalized and proactive book on the market as well. The Second Edition maintains the highly praised hallmarks of the first edition—integrated case studies, 3-pronged labs, a fresh graphical approach, and extensive strength training and flexibility photos and videos—and adds to them a coaching component in the form of progressive personal fitness plans, expanded exercise video options, and interactive media to get you started, keep you motivated, and take you to the next level in your own fitness and wellness.
Table of Contents
1. Changing Personal Behaviors for Optimal Wellness
2. Understanding Fitness Principles
3. Conditioning Your Cardiorespiratory System
4. Building Muscular Strength and Endurance
5. Maintaining Flexibility and Back Health
6. Understanding Body Composition
7. Improving Your Nutrition
8. Managing Your Weight
9. Managing Stress
10. Reducing Your Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
11. Reducing Your Risk of Diabetes and Other Chronic Diseases
12. Reducing Your Risk of Cancer
13. Avoiding Substance Use, Abuse, and Addiction
14. Reducing Your Risk of Sexually Transmitted Infections
15. Maintaining Lifelong Fitness and Wellness
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$27.40 $26.03 | Add to Cart
$25.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-77343-2
$41.25 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-83935-0