Get Fit, Stay Well! meets you where you are and gives you the targeted, personal guidance you need to get where you want to be.
Already the most modern, student-centric, action-plan-oriented fitness and wellness textbook on the market, the Second Edition of Get Fit, Stay Well! takes its mission a step further by becoming the most personalized and proactive book on the market as well. The Second Edition maintains the highly praised hallmarks of the first edition—integrated case studies, 3-pronged labs, a fresh graphical approach, and extensive strength training and flexibility photos and videos—and adds to them a coaching component in the form of progressive personal fitness plans, expanded exercise video options, and interactive media to get you started, keep you motivated, and take you to the next level in your own fitness and wellness.
Table of Contents
1. Changing Personal Behaviors for Optimal Wellness
2. Understanding Fitness Principles
3. Conditioning Your Cardiorespiratory System
4. Building Muscular Strength and Endurance
5. Maintaining Flexibility and Back Health
6. Understanding Body Composition
7. Improving Your Nutrition
8. Managing Your Weight
9. Managing Stress
10. Reducing Your Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
11. Reducing Your Risk of Diabetes and Other Chronic Diseases
12. Reducing Your Risk of Cancer
13. Avoiding Substance Use, Abuse, and Addiction
14. Reducing Your Risk of Sexually Transmitted Infections
15. Maintaining Lifelong Fitness and Wellness
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$27.00 | Add to Cart
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Get Fit, Stay Well!, 3rd Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$41.25 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-83935-0
$25.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-77343-2
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users