Motivate Students to Get Fit and Stay Well For Life
Get Fit, Stay Well! gives students the targeted, personalized guidance they need to get started, keep motivated, and approach the next level in their own fitness & wellness.
The Third Edition provides dynamic media, content that activates learning, and personalized approaches to fitness and wellness that students can apply for life. Maintaining the highly praised hallmarks of previous editions–integrated case studies, three-pronged labs, a fresh graphical approach, and extensive strength training and flexibility photos and videos–this edition further engages students by including vibrant GetFitGraphic infographics to inspire thinking and discussion. QR codes in the book allow students to easily access exercise videos and fitness programs right on their smartphones. Instructors can track and assess student progress with the easy-to-use MasteringHealth.
Included with Get Fit, Stay Well!, MasteringHealth is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment product designed to improve results by helping students quickly master concepts. Students benefit from self-paced tutorials that feature immediate wrong-answer feedback and hints that emulate the office-hour experience to help keep students on track and prepared for lecture.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program presents a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. Get Fit, Stay Well! Third Edition will:
- Personalize Learning with MasteringHealth: MasteringHealth coaches students through the toughest fitness and wellness topics. Engaging tools help students visualize, practice, and understand crucial content, from the basics of fitness to the fundamentals of behavior change.
- Engage Students with Dynamic Tools: Online resources and a mobile website for personal fitness and wellness programs guide students through every chapter and encourage healthy changes.
- Activate Learning with Real-world Fitness & Wellness Topics: A modern presentation of strength training as well as two new wellness programs brings fitness and wellness to life for students.
- Encourage Behavior Change: Labs, case studies, and new tips for making healthy changes help students learn what they need to do to become fit and well for life.
- Keep Students Motivated: New GetFitGraphics and reflection questions in the labs keep students on track.
Mastering is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Table of Contents
Chapter 2 Understanding Fitness Principles
Chapter 3 Conditioning Your Cardiorespiratory System
Chapter 4 Building Muscular Strength and Endurance
Chapter 5 Maintaining Flexibility and Back Health
Chapter 6 Understanding Body Composition
Chapter 7 Improving Your Nutrition
Chapter 8 Managing Your Weight
Chapter 9 Managing Stress
Chapter 10 Reducing Your Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
Chapter 11 Reducing Your Risk of Diabetes and Other Chronic Diseases
Chapter 12 Reducing Your Risk of Cancer
Chapter 13 Avoiding Substance Use, Abuse, and Addiction
Chapter 14 Reducing Your Risk of Sexually Transmitted Infections
Chapter 15 Maintaining Lifelong Fitness and Wellness
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$67.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-96340-6
$38.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94918-9
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$71.40 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-95763-4