NOTE: Books a la Carte are unbound, three-hole-punch versions of the textbook. This lower cost option is easy to transport and comes with same access code or media that would be packaged with the bound book.
Get Fit, Stay Well! gives you the targeted, personalized guidance you need to get started, keep motivated, and approach the next level in their own fitness & wellness.
The Third Edition provides dynamic media, content that activates learning, and personalized approaches to fitness and wellness that you can apply to life. Maintaining the highly praised hallmarks of previous editions—integrated case studies, three-pronged labs, a fresh graphical approach, and extensive strength training and flexibility photos and videos—this edition further engages you by including vibrant GetFitGraphic infographics to inspire thinking and discussion. QR codes in the book allows you to easily access exercise videos and fitness programs right on their smartphones. Instructors can track and assess your progress with the easy-to-use MasteringHealth.
Included with Get Fit, Stay Well!, MasteringHealth is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment product designed to improve results by helping you quickly master concepts. You'll benefit from self-paced tutorials that feature immediate wrong-answer feedback and hints that emulate the office-hour experience to help keep you on track and prepared for lecture.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program presents a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. Get Fit, Stay Well! Third Edition will:
- Personalize Learning with MasteringHealth: MasteringHealth coaches you through the toughest fitness and wellness topics. Engaging tools help you visualize, practice, and understand crucial content, from the basics of fitness to the fundamentals of behavior change.
- Engage Students with Dynamic Tools: Online resources and a mobile website for personal fitness and wellness programs guide you through every chapter and encourage healthy changes.
- Activate Learning with Real-world Fitness & Wellness Topics: A modern presentation of strength training as well as two new wellness programs brings fitness and wellness to life.
- Encourage Behavior Change: Labs, case studies, and new tips for making healthy changes helps you learn what they need to do to become fit and well for life.
- Keep Students Motivated: New GetFitGraphics and reflection questions in the labs keeps you on track.
Digital + Print
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Get Fit, Stay Well!, Books a la Carte Plus MasteringHealth with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 4th Edition as a replacement.