Giardino italiano is an intermediate level Italian language textbook designed for a one-semester course.
It uses communicative language teaching techniques for the purpose of developing oral proficiency among students. Although this book is not a grammar driven program, the text does afford students ample opportunities to practice grammatical structures as well as offering users a comprehensive grammatical reference section, for in-class or out-of-class review and practice. The grammatical explanations represent a clear point of reference and teachers may dwell on it if it meets their particular needs. The chapters are designed to reflect current vocabulary and expressions used in modern Italian, as well as offering students a glimpse of everyday life situations. A language is learned best when the individual is invited to personalize situations as they occur in everyday life. Research shows that learning a second language takes place when students are afforded the opportunity to construct, to manipulate, and to experiment with their newly acquired language. Each chapter presents ample opportunities for students to create conversations and to think in the target language.
MyItalianLab will be available for fall 2011 courses.
Table of Contents
Unit 1: Facciamo le prenotazioni
Chapter 1 Una tradizione in famiglia
Chapter 2 Un giovane a cavallo
Chapter 3 In montagna
Unit 2: Facciamo le compere
Chapter 4 Roma: in taxi
Chapter 5 Padova: una scelta particolare
Chapter 6 Negozio di antiquariato
Unit 3: Al museo
Chapter 7 Boccaccio
Chapter 8 Anima beata
Chapter 9 Il famoso Discobolo
Unit 4: Dal Medico: la nostra salute
Chapter 10 La piramide della dieta mediterranea e la nostra salute
Chapter 11 Consigli per denti sani
Chapter 12 L’erboristeria
Unit 5: A Tavola
Chapter 13 La cassata siciliana
Chapter 14 Il compleanno
Chapter 15 La lezione di pizza
Unit 6: Visitiamo l’Italia
Chapter 16 Fontana di Trevi
Chapter 17 Una visita a Pompei
Chapter 18 Il cortile del Museo Bargello
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$12.40 | Add to Cart
$31.20 | Add to Cart
$38.80 | Add to Cart
$110.00 | Add to Cart
These online resources are available at no cost.
Companion Website for Giardino italiano: An Intermediate Language Program
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780205211838
Includes this title packaged with:
- Student Activities Manual for Giardino italiano: An Intermediate Language Program
$168.27 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$95.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-15830-0
$149.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-78405-9
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$49.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-95627-2
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$83.33 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-81959-1