Updated in its 4th edition, Global Issues is a current and topical look at the forces driving globalization. From democratization, human rights, and global finance to terrorism, pandemics, and climate change, this texts surveys global problems that transcend boundaries and are challenging the international system. This is the only text of its kind to place complex issues into comprehensive context and thus explain the growing political, economic, and cultural interdependence visible in the headlines and in readers’ lives.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Global Issues: Challenges of Globalization
Chapter 2. The Struggle for Primacy in a Global Society
Chapter 3. Human Rights
Chapter 4. Promoting Democracy
Chapter 5. Global Terrorism
Chapter 6. Weapons Proliferation
Chapter 7. The Global Financial Crisis
Chapter 8. Global Trade
Chapter 9. Global Inequality and Poverty
Chapter 10. Environmental Issues
Chapter 11. Population and Migration
Chapter 12. Global Crime
Chapter 13. The Globalization of Disease
Chapter 14. Cultural Clashes and Conflict Resolution
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$56.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-86398-3
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users