Today's enterprises face a profound leadership crisis - and the speed of business has far outstripped conventional executive development systems. In Grow Your Own Leaders, three world-renowned experts introduce an entirely new approach for identifying tomorrow's leaders within your own organization, accelerating their development, and deploying them immediately, to address new challenges wherever they emerge.
I. LEADERSHIP TALENT: CRISIS AND PROPOSED SOLUTION.
1. The Growing Leadership Shortage: Building the Case for Acceleration Pools.
2. Acceleration Pools: The Basics.
3. Seventeen Reasons Acceleration Pools Work.
4. Acceleration Pools: Fundamental Questions and Rationale.
II. IDENTIFYING HIGH POTENTIALS.
5. Identifying High Potentials.
III. UNDERSTANDING ORGANIZATIONAL TALENT.
6. Defining the Executive of the Future.
7. Diagnosing Strengths and Development Needs.
8. Understanding and Prioritizing Development Needs.
IV. Strategies for Accelerating Development.
9. Development Options.
10. Growth through Assignments.
11. Growth through Short-Term Experiences.
12. Growth through Training/Executive Education.
13. Growth through Professional Coaching.
V. ENSURING ACCELERATION POOL SUCCESS: KEY PROCESSES, ROLES/ACCOUNTABILITIES, MEETINGS, AND OTHER MECHANICS.
14. Key Partners: Supporting Growth.
15. Optimizing Your Talent Review Discussion.
16. The Role of the CEO and Measures of Acceleration Pool Success.
17. Getting Started.
About Development Dimensions International.
About the Authors.
Other Books from DDI.