Guide for Alternate Route Teachers, 2/e features a wealth of advice and hands-on strategies for helping new and alternate route teachers navigate through their first year of teaching. It gives these educators what they need to understand the context of a classroom, develop effective classroom management skills, and successfully face the many and varied challenges of teaching in today’s classrooms. For alternate route teachers in particular, it effectively bridges their existing information gap as they complete their educational training.
Table of Contents
List of Models iv
Chapter 1 What Are the Expectations for Teachers in Today’s Schools? 1
Chapter 2 Classroom Management 20
Chapter 3 Planning for Success: Unit and Lesson Planning and Design 44
Chapter 4 Evaluating Student Knowledge and Performance 61
Chapter 5 Literacy Instruction K—12
Chapter 6 Literacy across the Curriculum
Chapter 7 Helping All Students Find Success
Chapter 8 Using Technology to Support Literacy Instruction
Chapter 9 The Home School Connection
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users