Directed primarily toward undergraduate or graduate business or communications students, this text also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals.
A brief, professional, reader-friendly guide to improving managerial communication.
Guide to Managerial Communication is a clear, concise, practical text for cultivating effective written and oral communication in a managerial, business, government, or professional context.
Table of Contents
PART I. COMMUNICATION STRATEGY
Channel Choice Strategy
Communication Strategy Checklist
Guide to the Guide to Managerial Communication
PART II. WRITING: COMPOSING EFFICIENTLY
General Composing Techniques
Special Composing Challenges
PART III. WRITING: MACRO ISSUES
Document Design for “High Skim Value”
Clear Progression and Linkage
Effective Paragraphs and Sections
PART IV. WRITING: MICRO ISSUES
Editing for Brevity
Choosing a Style
PART V. SPEAKING: VERBAL STRUCTURE
Questions and Answers
Other Speaking Situations
PART VI. SPEAKING: VISUAL AIDS
Designing the Presentation as a Whole
Designing Your Slide Master
Designing Each Individual Slide
Using Visual Aids
PART VII. SPEAKING: NONVERBAL SKILLS
Nonverbal Delivery Skills
Appendix A: Writing Inclusively
Appendix B: Writing Correctly: Grammar
Appendix C: Writing Correctly: Punctuation
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$19.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-340197-4