For all electrical code courses taught by junior colleges, trade associations, or electrical union schools to students who are preparing for journeyman or master electrician licensing examinations.
This is the ideal comprehensive self-study or course guide for the entire 2011 NEC (National Electrical Code). Dr. Thomas Harman explains the code in detail, with references to the specific NEC articles that apply to each discussion, example, or problem. All NEC rules are summarized in tables for easy reference, and Harman provides dozens of worked example calculations. For ease of use, the Guide divides the NEC rules into those for wiring design and for practical installations; the book also reviews general electrical theory. Each chapter contains quizzes and an examination with answers. Three realistic sample final examinations are also provided.
Table of Contents
2. Services, Feeders, and Branch Circuits
3. General Design Calculations
4. Calculations for Dwelling Type Occupancies
5. Electrical Circuit Design for Commercial and Industrial Occupancies
PART II. GENERAL RULES FOR INSTALLATIONS
6. Installation Rules for Specific Circuits or Systems
7. Installation of General Circuits and Equipment
8. Installation Rules for Distribution Equipment
9. Installation of Utilization Equipment
10. Special Equipment
11. Special Occupancies
12. Special Conditions and Communication Circuits
PART III. GENERAL ELECTRICAL THEORY
13. Review of Electrical Theory
PART IV. FINAL EXAMINATIONS
14. Final Examination No. 1
15. Final Examination No. 2
16. Final Examination No. 3
A. Important Formulas
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Guide to the National Electrical Code 2011 Edition, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Electronic Book
$32.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-257088-6