For any course in informatics for nursing, including Introduction to Healthcare/Nursing Informatics; Needs Assessment and Strategic Planning for Information Technology; System Implementation, Evaluation, and Training; Informatics to Support Research and Evidence-Based Practice; Consumer Health Informatics; Electronic Health Records and Personal Health Records; Project Management for Health Information Technology Projects; and Telehealth.
This is a complete and up-to-date overview of the key issues related to adoption and use of health information technology and nursing informatics, with detailed practical information to support students and professionals in the field. Intended to address all the concepts, skills, and tasks professionals need to achieve the nation’s healthcare information technology goals, it contains three major sections: General Computer Information, Health Care Information Systems, and Specialty Applications. Major themes of privacy, confidentiality, and information security are woven throughout; project management is introduced in the context of strategic planning, and addressed in many other chapters. This edition contains extensive new coverage throughout, along with eight new chapters addressing issues such as Personal Health Records (PHRs), Health Information Exchanges (HIEs), usability, and consumer education.
Table of Contents
1. Informatics in Healthcare Professions
2. Hardware, Software
3. Ensuring Quality and Best Use of Information
4. The Internet and the World Wide Web: An Overview
5. Professional Use of Electronic Devices
6. Healthcare Information Systems
7. Strategic Planning for Information Technology Projects
8. Selecting a Healthcare Information System
9. Improving the Usability of Health Informatics Applications
10. System Implementation and Maintenance
11. Information Systems Training
12. Information Security and Confidentiality
13. System Integration and Interoperability
14. The Electronic Health Record
15. The Role of Standardized Terminology and Languages in Informatics
16. The Personal Health Record (PHR)
17. Health Information Exchanges (HIEs)
18. Health Information Technology and Policy
20. Regulatory and Reimbursement Issues
21. Accreditation Issues for Information System Design and Use
22. Continuity Planning and Management (Disaster Recovery)
23. Technology, Informatics, and the Internet into Nursing Education
24. Consumer Education and Informatics
26. Public Health Informatics
27. Evidence Based Practice and Research
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Handbook of Informatics for Nurses & Healthcare Professions, CourseSmart eTextbook, 5th Edition
Format: Electronic Book
$26.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-262238-7