For all undergraduate courses in plant propagation at the two-year and four-year colleges and universities.
The world standard for plant propagation and horticulture for over 50 years, Hartmann and Kester’s Plant Propagation continues to be the field’s most complete, up-to-date text on plant propagation. It now contains color figures throughout, promoting learning and making it an even more useful working text and reference. It also contains extensive updates reflecting the latest commercial techniques and understanding of propagation biology. Like previous editions, it is organized into paired chapters on principles and practices, so it can easily be adapted for teaching courses that cover only practical topics, and for courses that also cover conceptual issues.
Table of Contents
1. How Plant Propagation Evolved In Human Society
2. Biology of Plant Propagation
3. The Propagation Environment
PART II. SEED PROPAGATION
4. Seed Development
5. Principles and Practices of Seed Selection
6. Techniques of Seed Production and Handling
7. Principles of Propagation from Seeds
8. Techniques of Propagation by Seed
PART III. VEGETATIVE PROPAGATION
9. Principles of Propagation by Cuttings
10. Techniques of Propagation by Cuttings
11. Principles of Grafting and Budding
12. Techniques of Grafting
13. Techniques of Budding
14. Layering and Its Natural Modifications
15. Propagation by Specialized Stems and Roots
16. Principles and Practices of Clonal Selection
PART IV. CELL AND TISSUE CULTURE PROPAGATION
17. Principles of Tissue Culture and Micropropagation
18. Techniques for Micropropagation
PART V. PROPAGATION OF SELECTED PLANT SPECIES
19. Propagation Methods and Rootstocks for Fruit and Nut Species
20. Propagation of Ornamental Trees, Shrubs, and Woody Vines
21. Propagation of Selected Annuals and Herbaceous Perennials Used As Ornamentals
Plant Index, Scientific Names
Plant Index, Common Names
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$81.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-505440-6