Text only. This product does NOT include a Resource Central Access Code Card. To purchase the text with a Resource Central Access Code Card, please use ISBN: 0-13-283008-6
Hazardous Materials Operations is designed for firefighters, law enforcement personnel, emergency medical services (EMS) providers, and industry employees that may be faced with hazardous materials emergencies. This text follows the 2008 NFPA 472 competencies and is organized to follow the logical progression of a hazardous materials response. Providing technical information that can be used for initial training and periodic recurrent training, this book must be complemented with hands-on activities designed to reinforce key response concepts. Resource Central, an online student and instructor supplements portal, is available to instructors online and has suggested hands-on activities and exercises for each chapter, review questions, case studies and much more!
Table of Contents
- Awareness Level Personnel
- Operations Level Responders Core Competencies: Recognizing Hazardous Materials
- Operations Level Responders Core Competencies: Understanding Hazardous Materials
- Operations Level Responders Core Competencies: Responding to Hazardous Materials Incidents
- Operations Level Responders Mission Specific Competencies: Personal Protective Equipment
- Operations Level Responders Mission Specific Competencies: Mass Decontamination
- Operations Level Responders Mission Specific Competencies: Technical Decontamination
- Operations Level Responders Mission Specific Competencies: Evidence Preservation and Sampling
- Operations Level Responders Mission Specific Competencies: Product Control
- Operations Level Responders Mission Specific Competencies: Air Monitoring and Sampling
- Operations Level Responders Mission Specific Competencies: Victim Rescue and Recovery
- Operations Level Responders Mission Specific Competencies: Illicit Laboratory Incidents
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$10.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-511723-1
$22.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-511719-4
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users